"happiness can be found - even in the darkest of times - if only one remembers to turn on the light."
-albus dumbledore.

Friday, February 11, 2011

#19 - Southern Utah

Well, here we are again. It's Friday and I've posted a grand total of two blogs. So much for getting back on track. In my defense, I've been really busy this week - I had a paper due yesterday on Friedrich Nietzsche, and I only understand about half of what Nietzsche writes. So that was fun. I'm also teaching a GRE class for Kaplan, which takes up a lot of time. I know, I know. No excuses - play like a champion. In order to make up for my slackery, I'm posting TWICE today. Can you contain your excitement?

Today I signed up to take the Praxis Exam, a test I need to take (and pass) in order to get my teacher's certificate. I'm taking it on March 12th, which happens to be the first Saturday of my spring break. I'm also taking ANOTHER teacher's exam the following Saturday - the last Saturday of spring break. This, obviously, is kind of a bummer. Luckily for me, I've planned for the most relaxing spring break possible.

My boyfriend is spending the week teaching a writing workshop at Utah Valley University's Field Station in Capitol Reef National Park. I'm tagging along for a week of camping, hiking, and now, it seems, studying. I couldn't be more excited. The field station is nestled within the National Park, about an hour North of the Arizona/Utah border. It really is some of the most beautiful country I've ever seen.

Over Christmas break we drove from Salt Lake City down to Tucson, a long but beautiful drive. We spent some time hiking in Zion National Park (southeast of Capitol Reef) and I absolutely fell in love. The landscape is even more beautiful than what I'm used to here in Arizona. It's full of canyons and mountains, but the plant and animal life seems much more vibrant. I can't wait to explore Capitol Reef. Studying for these tests will not be fun - but I can't really think of a better place to be studying!

No comments:

Post a Comment