"happiness can be found - even in the darkest of times - if only one remembers to turn on the light."
-albus dumbledore.

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

#12 - When things go better than you'd expected

I'm retaking the GRE on Friday, and I've got a ton of work to do, so this is going to be a short post. In fact, I was planning on continuing my illustrious tradition of forgetting to post, but today has been the best day. Last night, I told my dad a secret I'd been keeping for a month or so. I'd expected him to be angry, or disappointed. I'd expected him to yell. But he didn't - he was calm, and understanding, and everything a dad should be. I woke up this morning feeling as though a huge weight had been taken off my shoulders. I also came to the realization that I am incredibly blessed. I have an amazing family, and I am loved. If that's not Something To Be Happy About, then I don't know what is.

1 comment:

  1. Nice blog! I like your writing way. I'm doing practice GRE here: masteryourgre.com . I hope it's useful for GRE test takers. Best wish for you!

    ReplyDelete